Friday, January 20, 2012

Make This: Creamy Chicken with Shallots


I've mentioned this cookbook before, as it's one of my go-to books for menu planning. I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes from the book. It's not exactly low-calorie, but it's just so delicious.

Creamy Chicken with Shallots from Time for Dinner

1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper
4 chicken cutlets
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
1 large shallot, diced
1/2 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. dijon mustard

Put the flour, paprika and salt and pepper in a flat dish. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. Heat the oil on medium high heat, and saute the chicken turning once, about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate, and then saute the shallots in the same pan around 5 minutes. Add the wine or broth and bring to a boil until it's reduced by half, around 2 minutes. Add the cream and mustard and return to boil. Reduce heat to medium, and add the chicken pieces and their juices back in. Continue to cook until the cream is reduced and coating the chicken, turning over once, around 7 to 9 minutes. (I sometimes have to cook the chicken a little longer depending on its thickness.)

The sauce is so delicious that I find myself scooping it out of the pan and eating it by itself! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment