Sunday, October 2, 2011

Net Worth Update: September 2011

Well, it's the end of another month, which means it's time to update my net worth. Which isn't a whole lot of fun when your net worth continues to go down.

Assets
Savings: –$257.88 We bought a new chair for our living room, and took some of the money out of savings for this, so our total went down.
Retirement Accounts: –$6585.45 Ouch.

Liabilities
Mortgage: –$243.43 I need to figure out why our mortgage principal goes down more some months than others. You'd think the smaller the principal owed the more it would go down, but it went down $200 more last month than this month. I'm confused about that. Maybe it has to do with payment dates?

Total Change in Net Worth: –$6609.10 Yuck. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to update this! Hopefully next month the stock market will treat us a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment