Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Monthly Goal Update: September

Image from here
I wanted to post an update on the little goal I set last month to stick to our $300 grocery budget. I not only accomplished the goal – I also had $37.95 left over for the month! As a little background on our grocery shopping – I do most of my grocery shopping at Tom Thumb and Whole Foods. Last month, there was a livingsocial deal for $10 for $20 of groceries at WF. I used two of those in my shopping (saving $20 right there), and also saved a total of $69.34 at Tom Thumb by shopping sales and using coupons.

Now for the month of October, our goal is to stick to our eating out budget, which is also $300 a month. We usually go over by a lot, so we’re hoping the focus will help us stick to our number. I’ll let you know how we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment