Friday, December 2, 2011

UnExtreme Couponing: Thanksgiving Edition


I ventured out of the house on Thanksgiving Day to score some of the drugstore deals I'd seen online because they were just too good to pass up. I didn't get to do separate transactions because there were long lines at both Walgreen's and CVS, so my out of pocket costs were higher than I hoped. But I got back a stack of Register Rewards and ECB's to use. I got most of it to use as stocking stuffers. Here's my final tally:

Walgreens
Bought Dentek Floss Pak, Crest Toothpaste, Colgate Toothpaste, 2 packages of hair elastics and an Oral-B Toothbrush. I also had manufacturer's coupons for –$2.75.
So I paid 9.71 out of pocket, and got back $12 in RR
$2.29 Moneymaker

CVS
Bought Listerine Pocket Paks, Colgate toothpaste, CVS Flossers, a package of Fiber one bars, a two pack of GUM toothbrushes. I used manufacturer's coupons for –.90, and $5 in ECBs from a previous purchase.
So I paid $9.33 out of pocket, and got back $14.83 in ECBs.
$5.50 Moneymaker

Did you venture out for any deals during the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment